Stuck in a rut? If you exercise regularly but can’t ﬁgure out how to smash plateaus, you’re in the right place. This plan, by IFBB ﬁtness pro Fiona Harris, will trim inches off your thighs, tone and sculpt your arms, perk up your glute-ham tie-in, and create deﬁnition like your Insta-idol @NicoleMWilkins.
By manipulating variables such as intensity and frequency and incorporating different training techniques—like heavy/low-rep and light/high-frequency body-part splits, plus cardio, HIIT, and plyometrics—you WILL keep your body progressing right to the top.
RECOMMENDED WORKOUT WEEKLY SPLIT
- DAY 1: Lower-Body Workout 1, Heavy Weights; 35 minutes steady-state cardio
- DAY 2: Chest/Shoulders, StepMill HIIT Cardio
- DAY 3: Plyometric Whole-Body Workout, Rower HIIT Cardio
- DAY 4: Rest
- DAY 5: Lower-Body Workout 2, High Volume; 35 minutes steady-state cardio
- DAY 6: Back/Arms, Treadmill HIIT Cardio
- DAY 7: Rest
Harris recommends one day of heavy lifting and one day of higher volume, as well as pairing plyo with traditional lower-body moves. Mixing high-rep training and plyometrics with heavy lifting helps provide a new stimulus to muscles.
Workout 1 (Heavy Weights)
- Leg Extensions: 1½ reps (1 rep from full flexion to full extension, then ½ rep to halfway down, then up to full flexion); 1 warmup set; 7 sets of 12–15 reps.
- Barbell back squat: 5 sets of 8–12 reps.
- Leg press: Narrow stance (feet/ knees together) 4 sets of 10–12 reps.
- Hack squat: Wide stance, toes pointed out, 4 sets of 8–12 reps.
- Lying hamstring curl: 1½ reps; 4 sets of 8–12 reps.
- Barbell hip thruster: 4 sets of 10–12 reps.
- *Rest 45-60 seconds betweetn sets
Workout 2 (High Volume)
- Leg extension superset with pop squat:** 1 warmup set; 4 sets of 12–15 reps/20 reps
- Smith machine sumo squat with pulse: 4 sets of 15 reps.
- DB reverse lunge to curtsy squat: 4 sets of 12–15 reps per leg.
- Single-leg cable hamstring-curl superset with bent-knee kickback: 3 sets of 15 reps/15 reps.
- Abductor machine superset with side-walking squat with resistance band: 4 sets of 15 reps/10–12 reps each direction.
- DB walking lunge: 3 sets of 20 reps per leg.
- *Rest 30–45 seconds between sets
- **Superset: Do one set of each move with no rest in between sets.
Follow this link: